2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Update

For the past week I've been completely addicted to something. Its caused me to be almost totally inactive on my 25K Project.

I've been 24-tabling cash games on Stars.

You're prbly wondering why the hell I've been wasting my time doing this and the truth is I'm wondering the same thing myself ha. Well, since I've been playing so much on Stars the last couple months I've become very familiar with their VIP rewards system and how it works.

I wanted to see if I could make Supernova status by year's end. I did some calculations and determined it would be very difficult by playing MTTs and SNGs only. However, it turns out the VIP system on Stars is heavily weighted towards cash games. Once I realized how many points I could earn by playing cash I took off.

Since the middle of last week I've earned just under 10,000 VPPs and just under 25,000 FPPs by 24-tabling 50nl. Just to be clear on the significance of 10K VPPs, that's 1/10th the necessary annual amount required for Supernova status in just one week. So at the pace I've been playing it would only take me ten weeks to make Supernova.

But let me also be clear with the volume I've had to put in. I had to play just under 46,000 hands at 50nl to earn all those points. To do this in a week's time would be impossible without my new favorite thing in the world: Table Ninja.

Table Ninja is software created specifically for PokerStars which allows you to program hotkeys and makes the mechanics of mass multi-tabling simple. I can program Table Ninja to auto-buyin so I don't have to load tables up constantly. I can raise, call, bet, or fold with single keystrokes on my keyboard. I hardly even use my mouse! I can execute a decision as quickly as I can make it. In fact, I'd be playing more tables at once if the maximum wasn't 24.

I'm down about ten buyins right now after 46K hands but I'm not worried at all. I've been running on the wrong end of coolers but those even out over time. With as awful as the players at 50nl are it won't be long until I'm raking in the buyins.

This has been very exciting and addicting for me. Being able to put in over 4,000 hands in about three hours is just too cool to me. And knowing I'm earning a ridiculous amount of VPPs and FPPs really keeps me pumped to keep going. I'll be a Supernova in less than two months at the pace I'm on. Then with the FPP multiplier increase I'll be earning sick points. Porsche anyone...?

The bad news is this has obv taken me away from the 25K Project. I tend to get ridiculously focused on something and go at it 110%. Then when I get bored I look for something else to put all my energy into.

I feel really bad lately because I know so many ppl have been following this blog with all my updates about getting to 25K and for the last week I haven't even been playing tourneys! To those ppl who have been inspired and have been following along I apologize. My addictive personality has temporarily strayed me in another direction.

I can't make any promises on when I'll find my intense motivation to finish the 25K Project but I WILL finish it. Maybe I just need to crank out a quarter million cash hands then I'll get burned out and wanna play tourneys again ha. I really just don't know.

I've been staying hidden from search on Stars cuz I didn't want ppl to know I was playing cash games ha. I'll change that so if you wanna look me up and say hi thats cool. I'm keeping track of my +/- in cash games so as to not disturb the 25K Project bankroll.

On Sunday I played the Brawl on Full Tilt and Warmup on Stars. I cashed both and finished like 90th in the Brawl and like 400ish in the warmup. Meh. At least I'm cashing Majors now. For the first half of this year I literally couldn't even cash a Sunday Major to save my life so even mincashes are noteworthy.

Ok well thats whats been going on. To summarize, the 25K Project is on a bit of a hold and I'm completely addicted to mass multi-tabling cash games. This won't always be the case as my bread and butter is definitely tournaments.

glgl

1 comment:

Keith said...

I've been finding that a good balance between MTT's and cash games is helping to keep me motivated lately.

How have you been adjusting to cash strategy after playing tourneys for so long?