2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Phase One Complete!

Phase One is finally over and I can now move on to Phase Two. It took me 54 days to turn the initial $500 bankroll into a respectable $5,000 bankroll by playing small stakes SNGs only.

Heres the final graph:


























And heres a screen shot of my cashier box:



















The next time I post a screen shot of the cashier box will be when the roll is at $25K or more.

I'm excited to be at this point but the reality is the real work begins now. I'll no longer be playing SNGs only. Things will get much more dynamic at this point as I start to mix in scheduled, daily MTTs. This is where proper BR management will become my greatest ally.

I'm going to try to have the roll at 25K or more within 45 days from today. This will be a challenge but I feel like I'm up to the task. I've had great success in low and midstakes MTTs on Full Tilt over the last six months and I don't see why I can't duplicate that on Pokerstars.

I've made up an initial MTT schedule for the roll as it stands right now:


























All these tourneys are within my bankroll and if I played all of them in one day it would run me about $900 and get me 31 MTTs. I doubt I'll be playing all of them everyday but its certainly a good starting point.

As my bankroll grows I'll be able to add in higher buyin tourneys. As it shrinks I'll drop down accordingly.

In addition to these daily MTTs I'm going to continue grinding the 45-man and 18-man SNGs that earned me this 5K roll. I like to always be grinding some SNG action on the side as it helps keep the MTT variance in check and keeps me sharp in shorthanded and final table situations.

I certainly hope I've inspired some of you out there to set goals and be specific in what you want. I know it sounds cliche but all you have to do is put your mind to it and never give up, no matter how tough it gets sometimes. Perseverance is the quality all great human beings posses, including the best poker players in the world.

Well wish me luck over the next 45 days as I look to take this 5K and turn it into 25K or more. I'll be posting every day. I wish you the best of luck in all your goals as well :)

-Adam

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and good luck. Thats a really solid accomplishment, and will be really sweet if you can get to $25k in 45 more days.

Johnny Jazz said...

Wow! What a wicked blog. I absolutely love the challenge, love the consistency both in your play and in the blog updates. I'm a few weeks away from taking up a big poker challenge as well (nl heads up cash & blogging) and this is just amazingly motivational :)

I'll definitely keep an eye on this one! Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations man, Hopefully you put up some TR of tournies you take down, its much more exciting than reading about you making steady money in sngs :P

Keith said...

You're attitude sounds great going into this. Good luck, and keep playing great!