2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Two Final Tables, First Big Score of the Project!

K so after last night's deep runs and coming up with nothing but painful FT bubbles I went ahead and had another set of deep runs tonight. I had some better results this time though.

After almost ten hours of grinding I came up with 2nd place in the $10r (50K guar) for $6,500 exactly. Going into HU I had a 2 to 1 CL but my opponent was very aggro. I knew I'd be walking on glass with him.

After a few small battles I opened 2.5x on the button with A3o and he flatted from the BB (first time he flatted from BB during HU play). Flop came xAx all spades and I had no spade. He instachecked. I knew my Ace was good cuz if he had a bigger Ace he woulda three bet me pre flop. I was thinking he prbly had a large spade so I bet out about half-pot giving him the rope to come over the top on the draw. Sure enough he minraised me. I knew exactly what the situation was and instashoved on him. He called with Ks10x and I had all the money in the middle (for the tournament win) as a 2 to 1 fav. Obv a ridic spade fell on the turn like it was nothing and now he had a 7 to 1 CL. It was over a few hands later when he minopened the button with 10Jo and I shoved Q9dd and it came xJx10x. Whatever.

Obv I should be completely thrilled with this score as its what I've been busting my ass for these last five days in Phase Two but I'm so competitive and determined I'm NEVER happy with anything but the best. I guess I'll just have to let it go like I've let the results of every other day go. The fact that this score almost EXACTLY doubles my roll from where it started today will also ease the pain ha.

Heres the screenshot of that 2nd:



















Also I FTd the $10 cubed with 650ish players and was 2nd in chips coming in. I was being my usual aggro self but I wasn't ready for the complete donkiness of that table. It was insane. Morons flatting three bets cold with marginal hands. I lost several moderate size pots and began to lose my cool. I opened KQo from EP and this clown who kept three betting me flatted with 88. The flop came 9K8 and I led half pot to which he raised. I was having none of it and shoved and obv went broke. I was very upset with myself over this one. I had plenty of chips and didn't need to bust with top pair only.

Heres that lobby:


















The 45 and 180 mans were absolutely horrendous today. I think I mincashed 2 out of 37 was all. So many beats and ridiculousness. One thing about turbos is that you can definitely make money quickly with a good run but you can lose money just as quickly on a bad run.

Heres this ugly graph:

























I'm not too proud of this one ha but this is the reality of poker from day to day and session to session. Its important to be honest and learn to take the good with the bad.

K so the first five days of Phase Two are in the books. I've played ~60ish MTTs and the roll stands at $12,479. Obvs everything is on schedule (ahead of schedule actually) and I'm certain if I continue to work hard and play aggressively and fearlessly I'll hit my goal.

Its hard to believe that just six days ago I was playing about 100 small SNGs per day trying to get my roll over the 5K hump so I could move onto Phase Two. Now, just five days later, I've already more than doubled the roll in Phase Two. Its amazing what focus and determination can do for a person.

This project has really had a major positive impact on me. Before I was just kind of floating in limbo trying to hit a big Sunday score. I found myself getting frustrated and having no direction. This project has brought focus and rythym and energy back into my play. I feel like I have a purpose again ha. I know it sounds corny but I'm the kind of person who needs structure and goals to function at his best. I'm certain some of you out there are the same way and I hope you can take some good things away from this project and my in-depth daily blog updates.

K I'm tired and hungry. I'm contemplating taking tomorrow off so I can be rested for Sunday. I'll be playing the majors on Full Tilt and now that the roll is 12K+ I can move up to higher buyin MTTs on Stars. Also I haven't taken a day off in at least a couple weeks, maybe longer I can't even remember anymore. I've been pretty focused in on this project. Idk though I'm really in the zone right now so I might play. I'll just see how I feel when I wake up tomorrow.

Thats all for now. Stay cool out there.

4 comments:

avakatwalk said...

Sick! Went to bed after my KK ran into AQ and A on flop to bubble me in the $3, you had a good night congrats!

-avakatwalk

Anonymous said...

very nice, keep us posted. Ur becoming a beast b4 our eyes.

Anonymous said...

very nice, keep us posted. Ur becoming a beast b4 our eyes.

JV
Houston,TX

Johnny Jazz said...

Haha, what did I tell you yesterday. Nice job and also thanks for the recommendation!