2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 5th Results

Ok so the first five days of the month are in the books.

If I play 25 days in October then I am 20% of the way through the month right now.

That being said, its been a pretty ugly opening 20%...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

To sum up in a few words what this data shows in detail, I fucking hate full tilt and I'm not exactly in love w/stars.

Clearly I'm getting smashed on full tilt. The MTT variance I'm experiencing is normal but the 45-man variance is retarded.

I've played twenty-nine MTTs and twenty-three 45-mans.

After twenty-nine MTTs I expect not to have any significant results. That's fine, no biggie.

In fact, that's exactly why I throw the 45-mans in there, to help reduce the MTT variance.

But clearly my nasty 45-man run from September continues to spill over into October cuz I only have one cash in twenty-three 45-mans this month.

This is what I mean:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I used to crush these things but since September they've been a fucking nightmare.

This 45-man nightmare combined with virtually no success in MTTs over the last couple months = me hating full tilt right now.

But w/e. I've made a good bit of money on full tilt this year and it's silly to expect to never hit a brick wall in this game.

Stars has been interesting. I'm not playing any 45-mans and most of the MTTs are very large fields, so you would expect my variance to be high. Yet it's been quite low after fifty-five MTTs.

One would think my variance would be much higher on stars (given the massive fields) and lower on full tilt (given the much smaller MTT fields and 45-mans) yet it's exactly the opposite after the first five days of this month.

Winning an 80-player, $22 tourney on the 2nd really helped. I specifically made sure I had a few smaller-field mtts on my stars schedule.

But just today stars eliminated the two $22 big ante (360 player max) tourneys that I had been playing on my October Schedule. That really sucks.

Now I'm down to ten mtts/day on stars with eight of them having 1K+ entrants. This = more variance. Oh well.

This month is about me establishing a good rhythm and routine for my poker life rather than playing erratically and on emotion only like I have been this year.

And despite the natural variance and ugly results I'm experiencing right now, the month has been 100% successful in terms of me sticking to a regular schedule and not feeling too overwhelmed w/ emotion toward the game.

I feel like I've taken a huge step these last five days toward becoming a happier poker player and a happier human being.

Ok so I'm taking tomorrow off cuz I have an appointment and cuz I prbly should take a day off anyway so tomorrow seems like a good one. I might throw down a 45-man session on full tilt at some point since they don't take too long.

Otherwise, I'll start the schedule back up again on Wednesday.

To the month of October and my current downswing I say BRING IT THE FUCK ON.

IS THIS ALL YOU GOT?

I LAUGH AT THE PATHETIC BEATS AND SITUATIONS YOU'RE PUTTING ME IN.

YOU DON'T OWN ME, I OWN YOU.

No comments: