2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Little Better

Tonight's session was far better than my last two sessions. This isn't to say it was great tho. It just wasn't a horrible losing session ha.

This was the first session since I started Phase Two that I haven't ran any 45-mans. Since I'm on my laptop right now its difficult to run more than nine tables. So basically I just ran MTTs and two or three 180 mans at the most.

In the 180 mans I had a 6th and two mincashes. While that may not sound like much, for me its a monster run in these things. My last FT was over 50 games ago. Ridiculous.

Anyway at least I didn't run miserably in the 180s tonight so that was def nice.

I cashed the $55 6max and lost w/AJ to Q9dd on a x9J flop to running diamonds. Then I cashed the Nightly Hundred Grand and got my 25K stack aipf w/KK against AKdd and 1010. Board ran out xxAxx obv and gg me.

The way the KK hand played out was unbelievable to me and goes back to exactly what I was saying yesterday in my second post on variance. These players are beyond horrible.

So this is how it happened:

Blinds 800/1600. I have about 23K to start the hand. I'm in the SB w/KK. UTG (whos been aggro) opens about 2.5x AKdd. Player in MP 3bets w/1010 (prbly cuz UTG player has been aggro). So its a gorgeous spot for me with KK. I obv instaship.

So at this point UTG is looking at a 3bet and a significant 4bet shove. Any decent player stops and re-analyzes whether or not AKdd is good anymore. He didn't even hesitate before hitting the all in button. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the guy with 1010 is now facing a 5bet shove but also instantly puts his chips in the pot. Wp fellas, wp. I appreciate you completely ignoring the action and trying to give your money away. Just too bad I couldn't hold or I'm over 75K with about five tables left.

So this is why tourneys are still so so so profitable imo. Players are in such a hurry these days to get their money in with a good hand that they are ignoring the action. In fact, if you ask me, tournaments are more profitable these days than before all the good information on tourney strategy flooded and saturated the poker market a few years ago.

The key difference between now and "back in the day" is that back then players were weak and check-calling all the time trying to hit flops. So all you had to do was play in position and be aggressive. If you got played back at you folded.

Nowadays that mass of weak players are now betting and 3betting w/marginal hands cuz they just assume you're weak when being aggressive.

So instead of the bad players being mostly passive, now they are mostly aggressive. I find that just sitting back and letting these over-aggressive monkeys bluff off their chips is a good strategy.

Anyway I've only got four days left to get this project done according to my timeline. It might happen and it might not. Who knows. I mean, I'm playing in at least three MTTs every night where first place in any one of them would put me over the 25K mark so its not impossible.

I've been solidly motivated the last week or so to finish this project after about three weeks of dragging my feet on it and barely playing tourneys. I think this new-found motivation is (at least partly) due to the fact I've been formulating the details for my next challenge in my head over the last couple weeks. I think people are gonna like it.

I'm not gonna talk about the details until I'm done with the stars project but I will say its gonna be bigger and better and will prbly generate a good deal of buzz.

K well thats about it. Gl out there guys and girls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good read MVP. I can't wait to hear about your new challenge. Way to keep my interest with the suspense. mmm I'm guessing it might have something to do with Supernova & cash games. gl

P.S. This is my favorite blog at the moment. I always check yours first lol