2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 45

45 Days ago I completed Phase One with an enormous amount of energy and motivation to start off Phase Two. On just the second day of P2 I recorded my first MTT win in the $5 2r1a. Just four nights later I took 2nd in the nightly $10r for a cool $6,500. Then shortly after that I won a 12K main event package on Full Tilt (non project-related). But for some reason after all that I basically lost interest for a while. I had a couple minor personal things come up but my energy for tournaments really trailed off. I ended up taking about 15 days off.

Anyway since all that I've only recorded a 2nd place finish in a $50 6max. Tonight was my last night to turn the 12K roll into 25K but instead it went the opposite way. I dropped about $800 over 12 MTTs and some SNGs. I really couldn't have run much worse. It was standard run-bad BS and I really don't even wanna talk about it.

Ok so what happens now? Well, the roll is at about 11.3K and last time I checked this was called The 25K Project... so obv I need to get to 25K or more!!

The fact that I didn't get the 5K roll up to 25K in 45 days or less isn't really important. It was a goal I set to keep myself motivated but unfortunately the motivation part kinda died out after a few weeks. Oh well.

The important thing is that I finish what I started. And the good news is my motivation is back. I've played 26 MTTs and tons of SNGs over the last two nights. I don't think an unmotivated person does that.

Recent Downswing

Eight days ago the roll was peaked at about 14K. Tonight its at about 11.3K. So I'm on a 2.7K downswing which is just under a 20% bankroll loss in just eight days. Yuck. And believe me I feel it too. I've been playing my ass off and getting completely killed. But the good news is I've been through this before and I know it won't last. Things always eventually turn around if you're making quality decisions and forcing your opponents into mistakes.

Current Schedule

For the last week or so I've been playing pretty much the same schedule. I've been falling asleep at like 8am and waking up at about 5pm ha. Gross sleep cycle I know. Anyway this is the nightly schedule I've been running and will prbly continue to run:

5:00 pm $109
5:15 pm $11 1r1a
6:00 pm $27.50
6:00 pm $3r
6:15 pm $55 6max
7:00 pm $162
7:00 pm $20r
7:30 pm $55
8:00 pm $10r
8:15 pm $55 6max
---------------------
Total ~$663 - $66 Average Buyin


I really like this schedule cuz its got a good mix of large fields, medium fields, and small fields. This helps to even out variance in the long run. Also It allows me to have a solid ten MTTs going in just a 3hr 15min block of time.

Well I guess thats about it. All I can do is continue playing great and eventually I'll hit some FTs and get this roll moving in the right direction.

No comments: