2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Four FTs in Four Nights

Tonight I made my 4th FT in four consecutive nights of playing. Its not uncommon for high volume players to do this but it still feels pretty good and I'm definitely going to give myself the credit. I got 4th in the $30 1r1a for like $1300. I had a nice, deep stack ready for a long shorthanded battle but I did something stupidly overaggressive. This is a flaw I have in my game that I really need to put a cap on. But anyway...

The four finishes are 3rd, 6th, 1st, and 4th. I think thats pretty solid that they are all top 6 at least. Combined scores are like 11K or so but obv thats not total profit over the four day period. Still though its a great rush and I know it won't last forever so I'm really enjoying it and cherishing it while its here ha.

I have a pretty specific goal for this month. I want to have a 20K+ profit month between 45-mans and scheduled MTTs. To do this I will have to put in a lot of volume and play every day even if I'm running awful. This will be a pretty big challenge for me as I tend to "freeze up" and back off from playing when I start running real bad. Its like a genetically programmed response ha. It's not healthy and I think the only way to break free from it is to just force myself to get in there and play every night.

I've been working on this late night schedule and I think I'm really onto something. The fields on Full Tilt from 22:00 and later are very, very reasonable especially in the $55+ buy-ins. Usually looking at between 250 and 500 players max. This is perfect because they are big enough that the prize pools are still worth fighting for but the field size isn't ridiculously huge and you have to win 10 flips in a row to get deep. And honestly fields ranging from 250 to 500 players are pretty rare online these days. You usually either have monstrous fields of like 1K to 5K players (on Stars and on Full Tilt during the evening) or you have very small fields like on UB/AP. But the late night tourneys on Full Tilt are perfect for having consistent results I believe. Also the buy-ins fit very comfortably into my bankroll as I am a complete nit about my roll and the buy-ins I'll play.

Here's the current sched:



















So its ten tourneys for an average buy-in of $60/tourney. I think this is solid. The field sizes are solid. The buy-ins are solid and fit perfectly into my BR. Did I mention I think this is solid? Ha I threw the Midnight Madness in there for fun and cuz I think on the few occasions I can build a big stack deep I'll have a more significant edge over the field than usual. Plus its getting 2,500ish players/night and 1st place has consistently been around 5K. Anyway I'll prbly be tweaking this schedule as I go. I might throw in the Big Doubles or the $50 1r1a at 22:30 and cut the $10r out I'm just really not sure yet. All I know is this is what I'm currently comfortable with and its working.

My biggest challenge will be to play every single night. I can't have a 20K profit month if I don't put in the volume. I have no clue how sprstoner and The Yid and AKSharky and some of these other guys put in the volume they do but I'm striving to be consistent when it comes to playing daily rather than just playing based on my emotions that day.

I hope this month goes as planned. Its off to a killer start.

1 comment:

J said...

Keep it up man you are ownin it!

and btw thanks for taking the music off the blog :)