2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

6th FT in January

Well I kept the final table streak going by finishing 7th in the Big Double A tourney tonight for like $450. Its not a noteworthy score but there's something to be said about having seen blue lights every single night I've played since December 30th. It sure does keep me confident in my game and the plays I make. I'm not hesitant at all to make a play if the situation looks right and most of the time I'm not wrong in my reads. This game is all about confidence. Its a great feeling right now.

Also I played about ten 45-mans tonight and shipped two 1sts and two 2nds. I've been pretty much raping the 45-mans since I started grinding them in early December. I give a LOT of credit to my daily grinding of the 45-mans to my recent string of final tables and solid scores. The 45-mans keep me incredibly sharp at final two table play, final table bubble play, final table play, shorthanded play, and HU play. All the necessary skills to pwning MTTs can be learned and sharpened in 45-mans. Obviously, 45-mans are just abbreviated MTTs and the situations are all the same. Here are my 45-man results since December 1st:





And the graph:



















And this is what I truly mean about "raping" these:














After playing nearly 300 of these things, the position I've finished in the MOST times (out of all forty-five possible finishing positions) is 1st place. And clearly once I'm down to three-handed play I'm completely dominating as I have five more 1st place finishes than 2nd and 3rd place combined. I was blown away when I looked at this chart earlier today.

I'm 110% sure all my practice and aggression in the 45-mans over the last 40 days is a major part of my recent string of final tables and nice cashes in scheduled MTTs. Confidence breeds more confidence in poker and the confidence from the plays I make in the 45-mans to push deeper and deeper in the field easily spills over into the MTTs. I'm in a really good zone right now and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

January Goal: 20K profit
Actual: 14.2K profit