2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Thursday, July 1, 2010

June Review

Well June ended with almost identical numbers to May. I'll just get right to it:












 




I played 328 MTTs with an average buyin of $48.62 and made $6241.59 profit. Click on the graph at the top of the page to see how ridiculously and strangely similar this month was to last month.

This was my highest average buyin month of the year. I attribute this to the fact that I played two $216 majors every Sunday. I'm definitely investing more in Sundays as the year progresses and I hope it pays off by years-end

Even though these last four months have been steady volume and steady profit I definitely can't shake the feeling I'm running below expectation. Maybe even significantly below expectation. I know it seems strange to look at the consistency and think that but I feel it pretty strongly. Here's why.

My schedule has been quite consistent the last four months and so have some certain results:

1) I have yet to make even one FT of my largest potential nightly payout tourneys (the 50/50 on Full Tilt and the Nightly Seventy Grand on Stars). This has got to give at some point.

2) I have yet to have a single significant Sunday score despite the decent volume I've put in on Sundays.

So I mean, things just simply CANNOT continue on this way. I've got to eventually hit the 50/50 or the NSG for as often as I play them and/or I've got to hit something on a Sunday worth five-figures. I just can't keep running below expectation as I have.

This leads me to believe I'll have at least one standout month in the second half of the year where I have 20K+ profit but with no extra volume. At least one month like this will be necessary for me to meet my yearly goal. Speaking of which...

The year is half over and I stand below the halfway point to my goal of 100K profit ($34.6K). I feel like I've clearly stated why I think I'm below and why I think I'll make it (even though I don't appear to be on pace for it).

I've played 1,870 MTTs so far this year and this alone is a huge accomplishment for me. I'm averaging about 312 per month and as long as I can maintain that pace I think I'll have a graph to be very proud of by years-end.

No comments: