2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Wrap-Up... Two Thumbs Up!

At the start of January I posted here on my blog that my goal was to make $20K in profit. I was feeling pretty confident saying this as I was coming off a $13K profit December. Well I pretty much doubled my goal of $20K. I finished up January with $39,756 in profit.

I know a 40K profit month isn't uncommon in online poker but what sets me apart from other players with this kind of profit is that I didn't have a single score above 10K. I made ten final tables. Six of those final tables resulted in top three finishes with three of those being outright wins. My average buy-in was only at $42 bucks and I played less than twenty tourneys with a buy-in of $100 or higher. Now thats what I call mid-stakes domination!!

I can't imagine that I can replicate a month like this again in terms of profit by only playing mid-stakes tourneys. But like they say "if its not broke don't fix it" so I'm gonna stick to playing primarily mid-stakes daily tourneys. I feel very comfortable and confident in these mid-stakes tourneys to make the moves and plays I know have to be made to win tourneys. As far as Sunday majors and other large tourneys go I am currently just playing them occasionally. I think a lot of good players focus too much of their efforts on trying to hit one huge score that they end up bleeding away a ton of their bankroll or miss out on plenty of juicy daily tourneys.

Anyway...

I have no clue what February holds but I'm not going to set a monetary goal for the month. Poker is just one long journey where you get paid for every single good decision you make. The reality is that its pretty silly and irrational to set a monetary goal in poker over a certain period of time. I just want to play my best and hope I can continue to dominate mid-stakes tourneys and eventually hit a huge score.

As always glglgllglglglglgllgl out there!!

2 comments:

J said...

Great month man!! Keep it up!

The Poker Cycle said...

Well done...hope you don't mind but i added you to my bloglist.

I've enjoyed your blog for the past few days.

http://thepokercycle.blogspot.com/