2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Friday, July 31, 2015

Solid Session, Solid Month



So I played two out of the last three days. On Tuesday (July 28th) I had a session wrought with potential. I finished 5th in the afternoon $27.50 3K Turbo, bubbled the FTs of the $33 10K and one of the late night $16.50 3K Turbos. The whole day was exactly -$6 bucks for 29 MTTs. All the potential left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I didn't run on Weds the 29th. Then last night (Thurs the 30th) I finally broke through and shipped that afternoon $27.50 3K Turbo for $753.31. I just think the recent time line on this particular tourney is fun... 7th on 7/24, 5th on 7/28, knocked down on 7/30. Like chopping at a tree.

Last night also saw a 3rd place in the $22 1.5K for $207.48 and 4th in the $16.50 3K for $262.50. All pics are below. There wasn't much I could do in the $22 but I'm not quite happy with 4th in the $16.50. I was 4/4 in chips but was in a borderline situation where I'm not sure I had to go broke. I think my play was fine and the villain just barely had me but I think I could have found a better spot...tough to say. It may just be me being hard on myself.

I also had several other cashes last night, including busting the final 3 tables of the $33 10K (AK < QQ obv) and stone bubbling the FT the late night $5r turbo. I was sure last night was going to turn into my second multi-tourney win session on the month but it just wasn't quite in the cards. I also got 4th in the late night $11 Turbo Super KO with like 89 players for $42-something but I didn't bother with a screenshot of that.

All-in-all the session was good with 9 cashes, 4 final tables, and a win. +$994.05 on the day (32 MTTs). This brings my July profit to just shy of 4.9K over 526 MTTs. This is pretty incredible with an ABI of $16.15. All charts and data above are updated.

I know that in a previous post I had mentioned my goal for the year was 25K profit, which is a nice clean, "fun" number. I realize though that a more measurable, appropriate, focused, and professional goal is a concentration on volume.

Because goals should be A) Specific, B) Attainable, but C) Challenging, I believe aiming for a minimum of 600 MTTs/month is the best thing I can do. Because of the nature of variance, volume is the key to long-term profit in the game. I know if I can be hitting that 600+ monthly quota then good things will definitely be happening.

The hardest part about this game is playing through the negative variance. But if you can manage to play through it and not give in to the seemingly endless string of 2 and 3-outers and runner-runners, it always turns around. Oh yea, and never forget the importance of proper bankroll management and ABIs/Scheduling. This really can not be stressed enough. Readers of this blog should know all about that.

No Lobby Shot Available - Lobby had disappeared from client by the time I could go back and grad a shot - I had at least 12 other MTTs up while I was finishing up the heads-up match in this





No comments: