2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Monday, July 27, 2015

Score!



So I finally hit a score worthy of all the time and effort I've been putting in lately, brutal ending though..story of the month it seems.

Finished 4/955 in the bloated Sunday Turbo version of the $55 Nightly 30K for $3.4K. I was in prime shape to ship this thing (8.6K to first).

I was CL 5-handed, pretty much running over the table. The button shoved 15BBs w/A5o, I snapped in the BB w/AQo, the board fell a ridiculous xxx5x. That pot would have brought us to 4 players with me having just over 50% of chips in play against 3 predictable/weak players - an ideal situation.

I had the chip lead at the time I lost the above 70/30, so that knocked me down to 3/5. We lost a player, blinds crept up (turbo style), and I shipped my 11 BBs w/AJo utg. The eventual winner (go figure) iso'd w/A10cc. He flopped 2 clubs and completed on the turn. No problem. GG me. Ugh. A hold in that spot puts me back 1/4. So sick right now the frequency of 3-outers and 70/30s hitting on me late game.

Last night I finished 6th in the $27.50 KO 6max tourney that I won a couple weeks ago. I 3bet shoved AJo, got the call from A8o, and watched the 8xx8x board fall. Pretty frustrating.

Keeping perspective though.. I'm up 4.5K in just over a month since returning to MTTs. Pretty good for an ABI of just $15.67.  I feel like I am definitely running below expectation and with more volume will come a correction in variance.

As per usual my consistency in MTTs remains strong, even in the face of an evolved, overly aggressive MTT world where UTG is literally the new button and light 3-bets are the rule - not the exception.

Stay tuned, more to come of course.














No comments: