2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Last Couple Nights...

I've come real close to hitting the kind of score I'm playing for.

Friday night saw me finish 8th in the $27.50 (10K) on UB for just $344. First place was worth 2.8K
Tonight saw me finish 17th in the $5 2r1a on Stars for just $82. First was worth 2.5K
Tonight saw me finish 13th in the $10 1r1a on Stars for just $110. First was worth 2.1K

It's been a week full of plenty of potential. Even though I know there will be plenty more potential in the future I can't help but feel like I didn't take advantage of this week. I mean, I feel like I made every play by-the-book. I just couldn't hold my 60/40s when I was ahead, couldn't hit my 60/40s when I was behind, and couldn't win a key flip.

It's crazy cause sometimes you'll have a period of time (anywhere from like a week to four weeks) where there is all kinds of potential and deep runs are plentiful. When you run good during those periods (which we call heaters) it feels like you're shipping top-three scores one after another. But then sometimes you have a period like I'm in right now where I've been playing catch-up for 550 tourneys.

But it's okay. It's okay because I know my heater is out there. There will be plenty of run-good for me. All I have to do is keep my roll stabilized and the growth will come. 

Of noteworthy interest, within the last twenty-six days I've played twenty-four of them. Also, since the year began thirty-six days ago, I've played 554 MTTs. I can't think of a time within the last few years where I've played that many MTTs in that period of time or taken so few days off. What this tells me is that I'm focused, more serious about the game, and ready to have my best year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how positive you are. Like you've said the key is volume.
Positive variance is going to hit you in the face , you just have to keep the volume up. GL!

janmoh

Anonymous said...

great blog mate, all i got to say tho is that yea volume is key but burning yourself out is another thing. I mean youve played ALOT of days in this year so far, its hardly going to put you on your A Game especially if you arnt used to playing this much in such a short space of time..... GL, your an inspiration!