2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Friday, February 4, 2011

Grrrrr Flips

It's been said many times that winning coin flips is vital to winning tourneys. I couldn't agree more.

I generally try to avoid flips if possible and look for spots where I can slowly accumulate chips w/o a showdown. But sometimes you just gotta flip.

On Jan 31st I lost a big flip five-handed that caused me to bust in 4th in the 3r on FT, rather than being CL three-handed. Tonight I busted in 11th while six-handed in the $10 2r1a on Stars... losing a flip. I shoved my 13bb with QJo from the cutoff and the button flatted w/ 77. Board bricked out.















Okay, whatever. Losing these flips is costing me the 2Kish score that I need to bump my roll up to the next level. Just gotta keep the grind on. I love my schedule and eventually I'll win an important flip and hit the score I need.

Speaking of schedules, I modified my schedule so I'll update it on the Schedule Page for those who are curious. At some point in the future I'm gonna make a post where I breakdown all the components of building and executing a proper schedule (as it relates to your bankroll).

In semi-poker related news, it turns out the motorcycle-riding, gun wielding thief who robbed the Bellagio in Vegas in December was a friend of mine from childhood. We went to the same middle school and high school and graduated in 2000 in Pueblo, CO.

We both had an interest in the "Magic: The Gathering" card game but I didn't really know him outside the MTG circle in school.

I remember when this national story broke in December and I remember thinking how bizarre it was. It's just unreal to me the masked motorcyclist turned out to be someone I had ties to in my quiet childhood.

What a small, crazy world we live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo man, I was talking to you the other day when we were on the same tables at both sites. I've FT that 10.5k (previously 9.5k) multiple times. I busted in 4th AKs vs. A8 for like 28BB. The game is rough. Good luck man and enjoy reading your blog.