2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Monday, May 25, 2009

Sick Game

Since my last post I've been really grinding out the SNGs at about 80 to 110 per day. Its been unbelievably awful. Almost 400 games of break even and losing poker in four straight days. I'm down over $600 and only at about 3K profit right now. The graph clearly illustrates how frustrating its been:
























The players at this level make so many mistakes. I'm there to take their money as they attempt to give it away. But for the last 400 games I've watched the money go in with me as a ridiculous favorite and somehow the fishes pull whatever miracle they need time and time again. Its so discouraging. I really just want to give up but there is no chance of that happening. I have finally decided on what to do with the Stars roll and I'm really excited about it!

As soon as I reach the 4.5K profit mark (giving me a full $5,000 roll) I'm going to switch to a full day's MTT schedule. I spent an hour last night pouring through the Stars daily schedule and coming up with a great low/mid stakes daily schedule that will be perfect for this 5K roll:
























You may be wondering why I need a 5K roll to play this schedule. Some might think it can be done with 4K or maybe even just 3K. But the reality is variance is ridiculous in poker (as my graph at the top shows) and the more players per tourney the more variance you'll have in the long run. Most of the tourneys on this schedule have between 1,000 and 3,000 players in them. Some even more. With this in mind its important to have plenty of cushioning in your roll to absorb the inevitable blows of variance.

Anyway the fascinating thing here (to me anyway) is that I'll be turning $500 into $5,000 playing small stakes SNGs and then switching to MTTs and turning that $5,000 into, well, pretty much whatever amount I want. I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on this or even placing some prop bets on what amount I can turn it into. No matter what I really enjoy starting small and building a mini-empire with expanding possibilities. Also I can't ever do shit on Sundays in a major anyway and its so discouraging I need something to keep me excited about poker.

More updates coming soon!

No comments: