2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Monday, May 18, 2009

Deep Mini FTOPS Run

Well FTOPS almost finished off with a huge bang for me. Up until the main events I had just one cash in FTOPS for $1250 and was -$1800 on the series. And after I busted the $535 main event I was ready to piss and moan about another crappy series of tourneys for me with huge payouts. But somehow I ended up playing for twelve hours in the $55 mini main event with just under 12,000 entrants and finishing in 11th place for like 4K. The money is neat and all and obvs puts me on the plus side for FTOPS but 1st place was worth 92K and I was close as fuck. I never really had my hopes high for the tourney until about 100 players were left. Just a sick tease. I ran my AJo into AKo five-handed and on the short stack. I don't feel like there was much I could have done about that.

Its a truly disgusting feeling. Being a midstakes player I have no clue when I'll ever be close to that kind of money again. I've been playing Sundays pretty hard since January with absolutely no results. In fact I've come to almost completely despise them. So to run so deep is exciting and motivates me but to go out with a whimper when I had dreams of 92K floating through my mind is devastating.

I've got to let this go and keep grinding away... my big day WILL come.

On the stars project I'm just $340 away from completing my goal:
























I need to hit the $3,500 profit mark to officially be there but I already consider it a success. I'm just wondering what to do with the money now ha. Its like "ok great I did it... now what?" Should I keep grinding it up to like 5K? Should I move up in stakes? Should I go back to MTTs (my original use for Stars money)?

A part of me kind of wants to keep on grinding as I'm finding the 10-tabling and steady results addicting yet I know grinding $12 and $16 SNGs is kind of a waste of my time. Without question its time to start hitting the daily MTTs on Full Tilt pretty hard again. I spent the last 35 days 10-tabling on stars and its been a nice change of pace and scenary and all but tonight's deep run in the mini FTOPS reminds me that I need to be back in MTTs where I've had so much success.

Oh well I'll get it all figured out. Glgl.

Btw thanks for all the support and railage in the FTOPS :)

2 comments:

Keith said...

Well done. Must've been tough to go out there but that was still a nice run.

Jeremy said...

Congrats! I had your table up and was watchin for a little while. 12000 peeps and you almost made the final table! Awesome job.