2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FTOPS and my Stars Project

Its been a while since I've posted. Things have been a little weird w/ my sleep cycle and I've been awake in the mornings and asleep at night when I usually play MTTs on Full Tilt. As a result I have barely been playing on FT and mostly focusing on my little project on Stars. However all that will change with FTOPS on the horizon. More on that in a bit.

This "little project" on Stars involves grinding out small stakes SNGs from a $500 roll into a 4K roll. Since April 15th I've played a little over 600 SNGs with about 1K profit. I'm 8-tabling turbo 45-man and 18-man SNGs. I'm getting more comfortable too. This was inspired by Boku87 and his famous challenge a couple months back of turning $100 into 10K in 15 days playing small stakes only. I was pretty fascinated by it and now I'm doing my own less intense version.

Up until now, however, I haven't been playing daily with much consistency. I'm only averaging 28 games per day. I want to be playing at least fifty SNGs per day until I reach my goal of having 4K profit. Hopefully blogging about it will keep me motivated to keep up with this. Heres what my stats and graph look like since April 15th (about 3 weeks ago) when I started this:

























The players at these levels make so many mistakes its like playing a whole different game than I'm used to. I've had to adjust my style accordingly. Im hoping that if I can play at least fifty games every day I can reach my goal of 4K profit before the month of May is over. This will be my little self-challenge.

Also this month is FTOPS. Yup every three months Full Tilt throws up the circus tents and brings in the exotic animals to kick off another round of huge tourneys with huge fields and huge payouts. Up until now I never really have got caught up in the "FTOPS Fever" but I'm pretty excited this time around. I've gone over the schedule in great detail and at the moment I'm set to play at least 24 events for a total cost of about $3,300 in buy-ins. I determined what events I'll play based on my strength in those games and my bankroll of course. I hate PLO but I'm pretty good at the limit stud and razz games. I'm pretty good at HORSE (though for some reason its HEROS this time around???) Of course NLHE is my strongest game. I may end up playing more events depending on whats going on.

So hopefully by the time May is over I'll have an FTOPS jersey, a significantly larger bankroll, and completed my goal successfully on stars. If not thats ok too. I plan to blog more often (MUCH more often) hopefully daily in fact to keep track of my Stars progress and FTOPS. I feel pretty good about this month.

Glglglgllglgllglglglglglglgl out there everyone!!!

1 comment:

Boo said...

Yo Adam..
Good luck with your challenge & wish you the best of luck in FTOPS..

....... . . . .. .