2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

October Daily Schedule

I have come up with a good starting schedule for my October goal of forcing myself to play a steady schedule regardless of my emotions.
























I designed this schedule with two things in mind:

1) Session Length

My biggest problem is being able to continue to load up tourneys after I've already busted from previous ones (because my emotions overwhelm me and I all want to do is quit).

With this structure, I know exactly when I'm starting to load up tourneys and exactly when I'll be stopping. Loading up MTTs for three and a half hours (and then playing them out) should be a good starting point for me.

As the month progresses, if I get more comfortable and lose my irritability, I'll be able to keep the loading block open longer (therefore increasing profit).

2) Bankroll

I currently have my BR pretty well divided between both sites. So while I might feel comfortable playing slightly higher buyins (on Stars especially) I feel like its in my best interest to start off with generally smaller buyins.

This should keep me from getting too frustrated and too burned out right away if the month starts out rough.

It seems silly that I have to "force" myself to play. It seems silly that I'm such a crybaby when I lose and have overwhelming urges to quit despite perfectly standard and expectable bullshit. I go back and reread blog posts I've written and think to myself "man I'm a fucking crybaby, grow up Adam".

Yet this is how it is. This is how I am. Especially lately, I've been very edgy when my sessions start out ugly. The way I feel right now, it feels like it'll be a miracle to get past October 1st ha.

But I know once I force myself through this it will all be worth it.

Tyvm for the emails and comments. Means a lot that people understand my dilemma and are willing to throw some encouragement my way.

In exchange, I promise to blog every day that I play and post my daily and cumulative results for the month (complete with sharkscope graphs, charts, and broken down analysis of everything).

That's it. Enough words on my part. Its time to act.

4 comments:

Vera said...

best of luck Adam. looks like a nice schedule.

Anonymous said...

yeah, dude, you are a huge baby. lol, jk. poker is just a bitch. you get it all in with kk against some donk holding A6o and he rivers the runner-runner straight to take the chip lead w 50 people left! ugh, i know all about it. and it crushes everyone's soul no matter what they say. after reading your entire blog, i know that you know you just have to smile, think about all the +ev you just won, and maybe throw something across the room. lol

i think the schedule looks great though. i wish i didn't have to work so i could play the same one; there's a lot of dead money out there. but i'll be checking up on your progress daily so crush those fools!


Tom

TJ said...

good luck man, been following your blog for a while now, up and down just like me. you know what you have to do and you know how to get there. some things that help me is to remember what i have bought with poker monies...so when that donkey wnats to give me money when he makes a bad call and sucks out, i know thats ok because we WILL win in the long run. I dont know if you are into 'bananas' or not but this is definatley something that relaxes me when my session starts off rough.

good schedule, keep it up brotha and keep your head. dont be emoitionally connected to the cards when you make the correct move and get screwed.

best of luck

Anonymous said...

Adam.

You manage to encompass the exact feelings and the love hate relationship poker is but the knowing of being better then your results in a downswing.

I like how you always come up with a good concrete plan for scheduling out and sticking to your goal to get your bankroll going again. Way to be tactful in this art of war.

Keep your head up and keep on keeping on.

Cheers,

Riskbenefiter