2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Momentumless Year

The title sums it up. What a lackluster year it's been. Everyday on the grind is a frustrating one. In years past I would never go so long between results. Sure, there were bad times. But nothing to match the longevity of this year. And really it extends into the last half of last year as well. I basically blame it on a sharp increase in opponent skill and a turn for the worse in the variance chapter.

Yesterday I got 2nd in the $15 SS on UB that I won like a month ago. It was worth like $580. Thank God too or else I would have needed to drop down. Then today I get 11th in a $22 360cap on Stars and 9th in the 13:00 $22 (15K) for a pathetic $250. First was worth just under 4K. These are the scores I'm supposed to be hitting but are completely alluding me.

I can just never get momentum. Every time it seems like a heater is finally coming things cool off just as quickly as they warmed up. I've never had so few top-three cashes in this number of games. I feel like perhaps it's time I started to change my expectations toward poker. Perhaps in this new ultra-aggro world, where more people than ever understand correct push/fold strategy, people just aren't making enough mistakes for me to crush midstakes tourneys like I used to.

I'll probably let this year finish out before I start to truly accept that possible new reality. I seriously hope I don't have to do that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey dude..been reading for over 2 years and sweating you on FT at times. Keep your head up man!