2015 MTT Profit

2015 MTT Profit
Click the Graph for a Month-to-Month Breakdown of Data

Friday, April 23, 2010

Stepping My Way To The WSOP

Full Tilt recently introduced their "Steps" SNGs whereby you work your way up seven different steps with the ultimate goal being to win a Step 7 SNG and shipping a 12K WSOP Main Event prize package.

Phew, what a mouthful.

It's all right here actually if you don't know/want to know how it works.

So basically I've gotten pretty excited about this. I love the idea of starting at a small level and working your way up using nothing but your initial equity and equity you accumulate. It's the very foundation of how I approach poker tournaments. I start small, follow BR management, and work my way up through time and effort. 

Obviously I have a plan of action for my Steps approach. I mean, that's pretty much what I do with my life... I sit around and I plan things out and try to figure out the safest/most efficient way to do things.

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking:

Fact One: Full Tilt will be running this promotion until June 27th. This gives me 66 days (and ten Sundays).

Fact Two: The closer we get to the start of the Main Event (on July 5th) the more +EV these steps will be.

Fact Three: All Sundays between now and the end of this promotion will be very +EV for these Steps.

With these three facts in mind, I've tentatively formulated the following plan:

Every night when I start my session I'll load up one Step 4 SNG. I will play until one of two things happen:

1) I win a $640 Step 6 Ticket or
2) I have no more Steps Tickets to play from the initial Step 4 Ticket.

I will save any Step 6 Tickets for Sundays.

On Sundays, if I have any Step 6 tickets, I will use them. If I didn't start the day with any Step 6 Tickets (or if I bust any Step 6 Tickets) I will play Step 4.

I may or may not play multiple Step 4s if I bust, depending on what else is happening with my Sunday.

So that's it. Oh and also there is the 150-Seat Tourney ($640 or Step 6 Ticket) on Sunday, June 20th. I'll probably be in this whether I have won a seat by then or not (it's just so +EV). After all, I have to defend my win in that from last year ;)

K so I'll obv track all my Steps data and post it every now and then on my blog.

Also I've recently become aware of Liv Boeree, winner of EPT San Remo and 1.25 Million Euros.


















































I'm already a huge fan of Brains AND Beauty but when they come in one incredible, poker-skilled package I lose my mind.

This British girl, in addition to already being a model and skilled guitarist, has a degree in Astrophysics from The University of Manchester in England. That's right, she's a scientist.

At just 25, she has a very promising life ahead of her.

Best of luck to her as she has a house built in Vegas and proceeds to crush poker here in the States. Hey, maybe while she's at it, she can figure out what all the fuss is over Dark Matter :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

best of luck in the 50 50 and what you got left man...saw u run like hell the kk>qq and the runner runner with the j 4 tp to 9 10 take the 50 50 down bro!

Keith said...

Hey great blog post, I think that's an innovative and brilliant plan for the steps.

You didn't mention when you would be playing the step 7. I'm assuming towards the last couple Sundays of the timeline, and during the last week depending on how many you win and how you fare.

Good luck and play well tomorrow as the first Sunday of your plan kicks off. Maybe I'll see you in Vegas.